The South African Post Office Union’s decision making structures comprise the following bodies and Postal Workers, no individual will make decision on his own:
- Shop steward Committees at the workplace
- BOB Branch Office Bearer
- BEC Branch Executive Committee
- BC Branch Congress
- ROB Regional Office Bearer
- REC Regional Executive Committee
- RC Regional Congress
- NOB National Office Bearer
- NEC National Executive Committee
- CEC Central Executive Committee
- NC National Congress
The powers of these structures are defined in this Constitution. Subject to this constitution, a decision of a higher structure is binding on all lower structures falling under its jurisdiction.
A lower structure may not decide anything that conflicts with the policies or decisions of higher structure.